- HCL has achieved a Profit Before Tax of Rs 381.72 crore and a highest ever net Turnover of Rs. 1812 crore in FY 2021-22.
- HCL paid dividend of Rs. 112.17 Crores (approx.) to its shareholders & out of which Rs.74.20 crore paid to Government of India for FY 2021-22 being 30.01% of PAT in compliance of DIPAM Guidelines.
- HCL launched a platform in Kuilisuta village, Jharkhand to promote micro-enterprises for craftsmen in various user segments of copper especially with a mission to revive Dokra craft, one of the earliest known methods of metal casting using lost-wax casting technique, reflecting the beauty of life in its various forms, in observance of the iconic week of Azadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav.
- The Hon’ble Vice President of India, Shri Jagdeep Dhankhar, along with the Second Lady of India, Dr Sudesh Dhankhar and Shri Vivek Bharadwaj, IAS Secretary (Mines), Govt. of India visited Khetri Copper Complex (KCC).
- Hon’ble Minister of Parliamentary Affairs, Coal & Mines, Shri Pralhad Joshi & Shri Alok Tandon, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India & visited HCL’s Corporate Office and took the review of company’s overall performance and had also inspected the HCL’s initiative towards Special Campaign 2.0 at Corporate Office, HCL
- Shri Vivek Bharadwaj, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India visited HCL’s Corporate Office and took the review of company’s overall performance and had also inspected the HCL’s initiative towards Special Campaign 2.0 at Corporate Office.
- Shri Vivek Bharadwaj, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India graced the inauguration of India Pavilion at IMARC-2022 at Sydney, Australia. CMD, HCL also participated at the event along with other dignitaries.
- Shri Alok Tandon, IAS, Secretary, Ministry of Mines, Govt. of India, and Shri Prafulla Kumar Mallik, Hon’ble Minister of Steel and Mines, Odisha, inaugurated the Indian Pavilion in Mining Indaba 2022 at Cape Town, South Africa, of which HCL was the nodal organization.
- Indian Copper Complex (ICC), Ghatsila unit of HCL, supplied Copper Strips for the work at Construction of Shri Ram Temple, Parkota and Development of infrastructure facilities at Shri Ram Janmbhoomi Complex at Ayodhya, UP.
- International Yoga day was celebrated in Kolkata, where HCL was the nodal organization to make arrangement for 500 participants to take part in Yoga program. The program was a grand success in which GSI, NALCO, IBM & MECL officials at Kolkata have taken part.
- Letters of appointment were distributed to the selected Doctors (4 nos.) for the mining units of HCL after the launch of mission recruitment drive by Hon’ble Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi. Further company has started recruitment of 84 Nos. GET (Graduate Engineer Trainee) in various technical discipline.
- An ambulance was handed over to the Collector of Balaghat district under CSR by Malanjkhand Copper Project MP, to cater to the medical emergencies of the local community.
- The Govt of Madhya Pradesh vide order dated 25.05.2022 has extended the validity of Malanjkhand copper mining lease till 27.08.2043 as per Mineral (Mining by Government Company) Rules, 2015.
- One-day knowledge sharing session titled “Evolution of Exploration, Mining, Metallurgy and Usage of Copper in India in 75 Years & Future Directions” was organized by HCL on 16.07.2022 at Ghatsila, to discuss topics covering almost the entire spectrum of the copper industry, that is exploration and exploitation of copper ore, extraction of copper and emergent usage of copper in health sector. Renowned experts from the relevant fields of Industry and Academicals shared their valuable insights on the topics.
2. Awards and Accolades
- HCL was felicitated as sectoral star at the Fortune India’s “The Next 500: Breaking news Frontiers event at New Delhi for its outstanding rising performance in the Metal Industry.
- Shri Arun Kumar Shukla, CMD, HCL, has been awarded the MGMI Award of Excellence for Non-Coal Mining for the year 2021-22 in Kolkata by the Mining, Geological and Metallurgical Institute of India for his outstanding contribution in Non-Coal Mining Industry.
- Malanjkhand Copper Project, has won the overall performance 1st prize in Mine Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2021-22 along with being 1st in Systematic & Scientific Mining, Waste Dump Management and Mineral Beneficiation and 3rd in Reclamation and Rehabilitation.
- Celebration of Metalliferous Mines Safety Week 2021-22 under the aegis of Directorate General of Mines Safety Nagpur Region has been organized. The list of prizes won by MCP unit during the celebration of Metalliferous Mines Safety Week 2021-22 are as follows.
- 1st Prize in overall category, Mine plan & record.
- 1st Prize in Vocational Training & First Aid.
- 1st Prize in occupational health & safety and Welfare Amenities.
- 2nd Prize SMP & Emergency Preparedness.
- Prizes won by Khetri Copper Complex (KCC) in Fully Mechanised Group B (Underground Mines) Category in the 32nd Mines Environment & Mineral Conservation Week 2021-22, Ajmer Region: -
Khetri Copper Mine: -
Kolihan Copper Mine: -
- 1st Prize in Environmental Monitoring.
- 3rd Prize in Afforestation.
- 3rd Prize in Reclamation & Rehabilitation.
- 3rd Prize in Overall Performance.
- 2nd Prize in Waste Dump Management.
- 3rd Prize in Mineral Conservation.
- 60th Metalliferous mine safety week competition held on dated 17.11.2022 and 18.11.2022 Kendadih and Surda Mine respectively. In various trade test Surda Mines won 1st, 2nd and 3rd and Kendadih Mine won 1st and 2nd prize.
- The Copper Mines of Hindustan Copper limited have been awarded the National Safety Awards (Mines) for the year 2020, 2019, 2018 and 2017 by Hon’ble Minister of Labour & Employment, Shri Bhupender Yadav, in the categories of LAFP (Longest Accident Free Period) and LIFRM (Longest Injury Frequency Rate per Lakh Manshift).
- Malanjkhand Copper Mine (LAFP-Type-4): Runner, 2020
- Khetri Copper Mine (LAFP-Type-6): Runner, 2019
- Khetri Copper Mine (LIFRM-Type-6): Winner, 2018
- Kolihan Copper Mine (LIFRM-Type-6): Runner, 2018
- Kolihan Copper Mine (LIFRM-Type-6): Winner, 2017
- At the 9th National Conclave on "Diversity in Management - Development of Women Executives” held at Institute of Public Enterprises, Hyderabad, Smt. Sampa Chakrabarty Lahiri, AGM (CC & Admin.) Hindustan Copper Limited, was awarded with the "Women of Excellence Award 2021".
- The Company has been rated ICRA A1+ (the best possible rating on short term scale) & ICRA AA+ (stable) (the second-best rating on long term scale) for its borrowing limits.
3. Conservation of Energy
- 800 KWp solar plant at KCC under RESCO model is under implementation. Installation of plant has been completed and commissioning of same will be done shortly.
- Step taken to replace old technology-based motor generator to new technology DC drives for KCC mines service winder. It will save approximately Rs. 1 Crore per year in electricity bills.
- Procurement of new 4 Nos. air compressor of 1500 cfm is under way at KCC by replacing old high energy consuming energy compressor.
- HCL has already installed Rooftop and Ground mounted Solar Panels (856.5 KWp) towards its commitment for utilization of clean and green energy. This solar generation has also saved carbon dioxide generation as compared to conventional source of energy.
- “IE3 energy efficient motors” has been made the standard specification, for motor procurement, across all applications in the units of HCL.
- HCL has replaced High wattage conventional lights by LED lights, maximum energy saved by all units
4. Technology Absorption
- Study for modification of mining method from track mining to trackless mining by introduction of higher capacity diesel trackless equipment at Khetri block of Khetri Mine has been done.
- M/s IIT Kharagpur has conducted stability analysis of rib pillars lying between 124 mRL and 184 mRL in Kolihan mine of KCC to ensure the stability of stopes and surrounding area in underground mines.
- The initiative has been taken to overcome the problem of deterioration in metallurgical results and improvement in recovery front of KCC concentrator plant by an expert agency M/s IBM, Nagpur.
- Steps being taken for assessment of stability of rooms and pillar stoping method of 350 m of Kendadih copper mines at ICC Unit, Jharkhand and preparation of 3D subsidence prediction of Kendadih, Surda & Rakha mining lease is underway.
- A study has been taken up through National Institute of Rocks Mechanics (NIRM) for assessment of safety and stability of the open pit mine benches and underground mine developments at various stages of mining and related operations by 3D modeling and Numerical simulation at MCP unit.
- A study has been taken up using geophysical survey methods and numerical simulation modeling for seepage network mapping along the mines and surrounding areas at MCP unit, to identify potential sources of water infusion and potential threats with the progress of the mining operations.
- To ascertain extension of the copper ore bodies in the Kolihan mine of Khetri Copper project upto about 1000m vertical depth, geophysical survey program using combination of various methods like gravity, magnetic, TEM, IP survey has been taken up along with drilling program for recommendations of validation of geophysical survey.